In a world that is becoming increasingly technical, a girl sometimes lets her mind drift off to her sunset days when she shall be called granny. At such times, she has no options but to wonder exactly how interesting her ‘How I met Your Grandpa’ story will sound to her future generations.
For the sake of amusement, one could be quite tempted to orchestrate a great ‘How I Met Him’ story . This necessity obviously brought about by the rather dull all-work-no-play state of our busy lives that forces us to meet our mates through online dating sites, Mapenzi Sms services, church, lonely heart newspaper columns, company sporting activities (pun intended), lifts or worse still overcrowded noisy matatus (the latter would be particularly hard to explain given the ‘don’t talk to strangers’ rule in many homes.)
A truly creative Kenyan girl however, need not worry about such boring stories. Neither does she have to fabricate Titatic Tales or City of Angels lies. She only needs to, alongside her sweetheart, arrange such interesting original ,fun filled dates that her descendants will never tire of hearing the incredible adventures . This will provide adequate tales to take the family through the famous Forty Days and Forty nights of captivating storytelling until she is old and gray.
Some of these interesting date ideas besides expensive bitter coffee mugs, red thorny roses and plain lackluster limousine rides are listed hereunder
1. Cartoon Date.
Meet on a Saturday morning and watch your favorite cartoons while eating your favorite kids cereal .
Cartoons have a way of passing across simple messages we tend to forget as we grow up. Cartoons like Shrek, Hercules, Beauty and the Beast, Tom and Jerry or even Tanzanias’ famous kirikuu will get both of you laughing and reveling childhood experiences. This will lead to a stronger bond.
2. Make life lists together- all the things you would love to do before you die-be fun not all serious (and your sweetheart will get to understand your love language without having to ask!)
3. Have a Progressinve Meal.
Select different restaurants around town and go to each one. Order drinks at one, appetizers at another, move to a third one for the main meal. Finally top it off with your favorite dessert in your best ice cream or cake shop
4. Go on a Picnic at a random locale e.g your rooftop . Bettrstill on a starry night where you’ll get to see the stars and guess their names.
5. Read a book together.
You could alternate his and your favourite childhood books and read out aloud.
6. If you are the creative type, write a song together, or write each other poems and read them out loud
7. Pick a culture of the world and imitate their food, clothes and activities. It’s so much fun. Ethiopian Zigni is tongue tingling, Indian Jeera kadai chicken and Naan mouthwatering and coastal music so much fun to dance to.
8. Go for a gym session together
You will learn a new healthy activity which one or both of you may end up liking enough to sign up.
When all is said and done, dating is about getting to know the other person so you may decide if they are the one or not. Since you will never know each others’ true nature when all you do is sit across the table from each other, numerous outdoor activities will help bring out the other persons’ true nature and save you a lot of time and a lot of money since most of these activities are low budget. Still, why not have fun while at it?